Information pursuant to art. 13 of the European Regulation 679/2016 and consent
Pursuant to art. 13 of the European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”), and in relation to the personal data that will become available to the law firm as a consequence of our entrustment with your file, we hereby communicate to you as follows:
Controller of the processing of personal data and processor of personal data protection
Purposes of data processing
The processing is aimed to a correct and complete performance of the professional task entrusted to our law firm, both in court matters and in out-of-court matters. Your data will be processed also for the purposes of:
- fulfilling the duties provided by the fiscal and accountancy provisions of law;
- complying with the professional’s duties provided for by the applicable laws.
The personal data might be processed both through paper archives and digital archives (including mobile devices) with modalities strictly necessary to fulfill the above indicated purposes.
Legal basis of the processing
The professional’s law firm lawfully processes your personal data, when the processing:
- is necessary for the performance of the mandate, of an agreement of which you are a party or for the performance of pre-contractual initiatives made on demand;
- is necessary to fulfill a mandatory legal duty of the professional;
- is based upon the express consent for those specific activities in relation to which the applicable laws require the same.
Consequences of the non-communication of personal data
With reference to the personal data relating to the performance of the agreement of which you are a party or relating to the fulfillment of a legal duty of the professional (e.g. the legal duties relating to accounting books and fiscal duties), the decision not to communicate your personal data would prevent the execution of the same contractual relationship.
Storage of the data
Your personal data which are the subject matter of the processing for the above indicated purposes, will be stored for the duration of the agreement and, subsequently, for a reasonable period of time and, in any case, for the time during which the professional will be under a legal duty to store the same for fiscal purposes or for other purposes provided for by the applicable laws and regulations.
Communication of the data
Your personal data may be communicated to:
- external consultants, business consultants and other lawyers that supply services instrumental in reaching the above indicated purposes;
- banks and insurance institutes that supply services instrumental in reaching the above indicated purposes;
- subjects that process the data on the basis of specific duties provided for by the applicable laws;
- judicial or administrative authorities, in order to comply with specific duties provided for by the applicable laws.
Profiling and Dissemination of the data
Your personal data are not subject to dissemination or to any fully automated decisional process, including any profiling process.
Rights of the data subject
Among the rights reserved to you by the GDPR you have the right to:
- request to the professional to have access to your personal data and to the related information; request the rectification of the inaccurate data or the integration of the incomplete ones; request the erasure of your personal data (upon the occurrence of one of the conditions set forth in art. 17, paragraph 1 of the GDPR and in compliance with the exceptions provided in paragraph 3 of the same article); request to restrict the processing of your personal data (upon the occurrence of one of the hypotheses stated in art. 18, paragraph 1 of the GDPR);
- request and receive from the professional – in the hypotheses in which the processing of data is based upon a contract or upon the consent, and the same is carried out by automated means – your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, also in order to transfer such data to another controller (the so-called right to the personal data portability);
- object at any time to the processing of your personal data upon the occurrence of particular situations concerning your person;
- withdraw your consent at any time, limited to the hypotheses when the processing is based on your consent for one or more specific purposes and is related to common personal data (e.g. date and place of birth or place of residence), or to particular categories of data (e.g. data which reveal racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, data concerning health or sex life, etc.). The processing based on consent and performed prior to the withdrawal of the same remains in any case lawful;
- make a claim to a supervisory authority (Autorità Garante per la protezione dei dati personali – www.garanteprivacy.it).